We remain current on the latest techniques and materials ensuring that up to date sustainable development practices are implemented in every project. For example, we keep a close eye on the development brought forward with the initiative Equilibrium of the CMHC. For more information on the Deep Wall Technique.
We use several Environmental Assessment Tools such as GBTool and LEED during the design process. Every member of TAD is encouraged to sign up for the LEED classes and exam to obtain their Professional Accreditation. In 2008, 50% of its staff followed the TAD-LEED Program.
Starting at the design phase, environmental design criteria include:
- Sustainable Sites
- Water Efficiency
- Energy and Atmosphere
- Materials and Resources
- Indoor Environmental Policy
Our Materials and Reference Libraries are kept up to date with current documentation and samples of green products and techniques. That we try to blend-in every design Charette to enhance the results.
Green Design Services
- LEED for Existing Buildings (LEED-EB)
- LEED for New Construction and Major Renovations (LEED-NC)
- LEED for Commercial Interiors (LEED-CI)
- LEED Green Building Rating System for Core and Shell Development (LEED-CS)
- Introduction of "off-the-shelf" Sustainable Design features without the need for full assessment or accreditation.
We cover a wide variety of issues that bring tangible benefits to clients and occupants:
- Keeping track of financial incentive programs that will cover part of the cost of assessments and upgrades for new and existing buildings offered by different levels of governments and power providers.
- Identify other financial opportunities to reduce costs over the short and long term as well as subsidies available thru governmental programs or energy providers.
- Good interior air quality, healthy environments for the occupants that result in lower absenteeism, higher productivity and a happier crowd altogether.
- Strategies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in regards to our national obligations under the Kyoto Treaty.
- 2030 Challenge: Climate Change and Architecture
Environmental Benchmarker and Coach
TAD's Principal, J.Robert Thibodeau, is well known in architectural and environmental circles as an advocate and teacher of sustainable design practices:
- Past-President of the Ordre des Architectes du Québec's Environment Committee,
- Founding member of the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada's environmental committee,
- Former member of the Energy/Environment committee of the AQME (Association Québécoise de la Maîtrise de l'Énergie)
- Founding-member of the Green Building Information Council.
- Member of the Governance Committee of the Canada Green Building Council.
- Adjunct professor for over five years at McGill University's School of Architecture in collaboration with Vikram Bhatt teaching Energy and Environment in Buildings.
Mr. Thibodeau is committed to coaching TAD's staff in the use of sustainable tools and the introduction of green architecture in all projects.
|TAD's Principal, J.Robert Thibodeau, is well known in architectural and environmental circles as an advocate and teacher of sustainable design practices.